Hi Hi! This is going to be a quick little post, but I wanted to pop in and share some adventures from this past weekend. I took a half day from work flew down to Chicago on Friday to visit some college roomies. This is the first time I’ve been able to get together with this group of ladies since we all graduated a few years ago and it was SO MUCH FUN!
I especially wanted to share a few of the Chicago spots we stopped in at throughout the weekend and share some highlights. I did a poor job of taking pictures this time around but still have a few memories to share and save for later:
- Dinner friday night at Gemini Bistro was spent catching up with my friend who was my classmate, coworker AND roommate during our time at Wisconsin together. We had so much fun and saw Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler at the restaurant, which is my second time ever spotting a celeb so I was a little excited. FYI – K. Cav looked supa fly with the best hair and the coolest fur jacket. LAGUNA BEACH FOR LIFE!! We shared the scallops and mussels which were perfection!! The mussels came with bread to soak up the delicious broth – so so so good.
- I met Sushi, my friend’s little Shiba Inu for the first time after many months of Instagram-stalking her cute pics of the pup.
- Shopping in Old Town and Michigan Ave – only one new pair of jeans so I controlled the damage pretty well I think.
- Lunch at Ditka’s of all places with my two Bears-crazy girlfriends which I actually loved – I admit I am a bandwagon Packers fan so I can’t defend myself around these ladies at all. They already have the Bears schedule memorized and analyzed, so it was hilarious to check out the Bears memorabilia at this place with them and nod my head and smile while they chatted football. The chicken avocado sandwich was yummy comfort food on a windy chilly day, too.
- Saturday night we got our hair done at a blow dry bar (really fun because who doesn’t love someone else washing and brushing their hair? but not something I would do often I don’t think) and then dinner out at Mercadito where we had almost every taco on the menu and the most interesting and delicious tequila drinks. HIGHLY recommend!! We also had a guac trio and two kinds of ceviche, which are only a sample of the menu. Gotta love a place with an extensive guacamole menu. We capped the night with drinks out in River North.
- Sunday headache recovery took place at Prasilo – insider tip like I know what I’m talking about: my gf told me they take brunch reservations which can be a rare thing in Chicago. I had the BEST eggs benedict ever – on a pretzel croissant with Brie and spinach YUM!! and the servers were very helpful and nice.
SIGHHHH it is so sad to come home away from all my friendlies in Chicago. I always have such a fun time when I visit!!!
I returned from the Windy City to this mess:
Yeah, this is totally fine.
I spent the weekend before last in my hometown visiting my family and hanging out with my BFFs for life, drinking margaritas and… well mostly drinking margaritas –the best kind of night, really. In other news, my legs are totally effed/tight/sore/cramping so I have been foam rolling like a motha all week but no real miles to report. Next week was supposed to be a “step back”/lower mileage week in my training plan so I am taking that weekend off a little earlier and hoping to pick up where I left off next weekend.
I know I haven’t kept up my promise to check in more often. Life and work has been so busy lately and let’s face it, I suck at blogging. Hope you enjoyed this little update anyway!