Whomp whompppp.. is anyone else dragging after the long weekend? I had four glorious days off, and I’d be lying if I said coming back to traveling and work was easy today.
September is my favorite month – I love the beginning of fall, and my birthday just so happens to fall in September too Today was an absolutely perfect fall day in Memphis, with the kind of crispy breeze that reminds you of the beginning of school and football games. Just enough of a pick me up to get my goals together for the month!
First – how’d I do in August?
1) Find balance. Meh. See goal #5 for September below.
2) Turbo Fire my bootay off. Check! See the workout tracker. I did have to repeat week 4, and still didn’t hit all the workouts, but I didn’t miss any HIIT workouts and even made up all the strength workouts for Month 1 after not realizing they existed the first few weeks. Success.
3) Start looking for a car. Check!
4) Take a minute every day to remind myself what I am grateful for. I don’t think this goal has an end date, but I certainly have had better awareness lately. I am a lucky girl, in many, many ways.
Goals for September:
1. Plan a trip to see my Chicago girlfriends/roomies from my fourth year of college. I owe them all a visit, and if we are really industrious we might even get a trip to a Badger game together! (*fingers crossed*)
2. Make some progress on apartment projects. We need to do a little organizing in the living room, find some artwork for above our stairs, and start painting!! Once we get the ball rolling, I’ll even get around to putting some more-finished pictures up for you all to see
3. Month 2 of TurboFire. Month 2 is “Cardio” rather than “HIIT”, which means the workouts are longer but less intense. Unfortunately, that means it will be even harder to organize my schedule during the week, but I’m going to work at it and stay flexible with when I fit everything in.
4. Organize my finances. After buying a new car yesterday (eeee!) I need to get insurance and finance-type things a little bit more organized. I also need to open new bank accounts so I am able to cash checks in the Cities. My student loans go into repayment in November, so I want all my ducks to be in a row with plenty of time to spare before then! Maybe I’ll even get around to the budgeting post I’ve been promising for months… we *almost* have the kinks worked out the apartment budget so I’ll share our best tips soon.
5. Keep workin’ on that balance thang… This has been tough. Continuing to seek out the positive in every day and embrace the parts of travel that are fun is key. Traveling for work has honestly just been so much harder than I ever thought it would be. Over time, I’m hoping I develop a routine like I had at school – when I work out, when I do extra work, when I have time for the phone, etc. The puzzle pieces just haven’t quite fit together yet… I’m continuing to read the 7 Habits, and I have some major life-goal planning on the to-do list, including making an inspiration board Striving to achieve balance is a struggle for everyone, I think, so I’m going to keep working at it!!
6. (Part of balance but…) Hang out on the blog more. I know it’s pretty much my mom, grandma, best friends, and the people they tell about the site that check out my ramblings here, but I really do like sharing my thoughts and randomness and it’s actually quite calming to get out of my work-brain during the week. *Plus* – I have been making moves to make the blog have a longer potential lifespan… aka I have a new blog name picked out I will still be doing the graduette thing for quite awhile because that is very much where I am in my life, but I’m looking forward to transitioning to a healthy-living, food-loving, work/life/fitnesss balance-focused blog in the future rather than the sort-of random hodgepodge that’s been going on up in herr. But I want to get my blog habits and sched down pat before making any big huge moves Something to look forward to in the more distant future!!
What are your goals for the month?