Hi friends Weekend’s over… and this is my first post of the week. Lame I know.. but I am officially through my first week as a consultant on-site at a client and can say I lived to tell the tale Adjusting to a new job has been exciting, educational, fascinating and also stressful… and overall, I think I’m gonna like it here (and there… and everywhere I get sent on the job ).. although it’s certainly making it harder for me to hang out on the blog. Meh. Here’s a list of the good and the not-so-great of adjusting to a new schedule and job…
1) I’ve never been to Tennessee before! It is H-O-T there… but you’ll never catch me complaining about heat Plus, we get to walk all around the manufacturing floor and even outside during the day. So much better than an over-air-conditioned office!
2) Eating healthy has been both harder and easier than I thought. The *good* here is that I got to buy snacks/breakfasts for the week!
I L-O-V-E the individual almond butter packs, plus I have Greek yogurt and fruit in the fridge. LARA bars have been great for early airport days and extra-fifteen-minutes-of-sleep-no-breakfast days. Happy tummy. There is a nice grocery store plus a Whole Foods close by, so that is going to be great if I am on this project for awhile. The harder part has been at restaurants we end up eating at as a group… It’s hard to make a great nutritional decision at Wendy’s, in my opinion
3) I have been fitting in Turbo Fire as a workout (although I’ve been skipping stretching… those last 10 minutes just seem unending, sorry Chalene) and it is *perfect* for hotel rooms. It’s been a great way to “turn my mind off” from work for a lil bit and feel a little more at home. The flip side here is that it was difficult to fit in a work out every day when I had to be at the client site at 6am and had group dinners on several nights. I’m still working on that… so I’m re-doing Week 1 Turbo Fire workouts the coming week. I could use the extra conditioning anyway!
The Not So Great (ish – I really don’t have much to complain about! ):
1) I miss my boyfriend.
And cooking my own meals.
And my apartment/bed. In that order.
2) Eating out… (see above) just makes it harder to make the healthiest decisions.
3) The facility isn’t air conditioned except in the offices (where I don’t really want to spend too much time anyway!). HOWEVER – the days are flying by, and I’m having a great time learning everything I can. It’s all good.
As for the July playlist… Turbo Fire has kept me supplied with Chalene-accompanied jams, and to be real, I barely have half of a playlist put together. I wanted to get one put together today to share but don’t want just throw something together at the last minute so I can get to bed soon for my 6:30am flight tomorrow So I promise a double-playlist post in August, and an effort to be better about writing on here in the coming weeks Have a great *first day of August* tomorrow – time to soak in as much summer sun as possible!